If you rent a car, it will probably be delivered to Ercan airport. Car rental companies will often provide a road map to you. The signs are both in Turkish and English and the map is quite easy to follow. However; a little hesitation while driving can still get you lost. So it is best to revise your route before you come here. Here is the easiest route from Ercan to Kyrenia:
- Drive out of the airport, pass the first little round about.
- After 5 minutes you will reach Nicosia/Famagusta junction, take the turn to left towards Nicosia.
- Shortly, you will arrive at the first large round about with a sign, pointing towards right to Kyrenia (Girne in Turkish). DON’T take that turn to right. Go staright towards Nicosia (Lefkosa in Turkish).
- Drive for approximately 15 minutes, passing through several round abouts and traffic lights, until you reach a very very large round about. Just before this round about, you will see a football stadium to your right and an Opel showroom to your left shortly after the stadium.
- On this large round about, turn right towards the mountains and follow that road for about 10-15 minutes until you reach Kyrenia.